Business Advisory Services
MEƎT acts as a mentor/ in-house advisor for new start-up businesses in the UK including; advice on employment law, legal and taxation regulations, administrative policies, financial policies, immigration guidance and valuation and marketing strategies.
What We Do
Coordination Of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Extension Process
MEƎT was awarded a four-month contract to collate extensive documentation required for the Entrepreneur (Tier 1) extension visas* for two partners and their dependents.
MEƎT coordinated the work needed between the immigration solicitor, previous accountant firm, recent accountant firm and the joint managing directors (main applicants) in bringing together appropriate solutions to challenging policies and procedures.
MEƎT prepared the business activities report, investment analysis and financial agreements, employment analysis statement and overseas legal interpretations to comply with UK requirements and regulations.
*The advertised period to grant the extension visa, by the Home Office, was normally eight weeks. However, the extension visas were granted in less than one week for all the applicants and their dependents, in reflecting the robustness of the documentation bundles submitted, as evidence in supporting the applications.
Advisor To An Overseas Supplier To BT
MEƎT was awarded a contract to advise a well-established Middle Eastern company, who have been awarded a supply contract with BT. The advisory service is from A to Z on all the aspects of the UK based subsidiary.
MEƎT worked with the company director in adhering to the requirements of Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa.
MEƎT obtained Skilled Worker visa sponsorship licence, which allowed eligible jobs to be offered to skilled individuals to come and work in the UK.
MIDDLE EAST BASED FACTORY
A well-established Middle East based factory opened a subsidiary company in the UK.
MEƎT was asked to determine a roadmap on how best the new entrant subsidiary could implement an action marketing plan to penetrate a new UK market with high barriers of entry. The marketing campaign was carried out throughout the month of March 2020, which targeted 55 companies, and was split into separate sectors; supermarket chains, food producers, pharmaceutical and industrial companies, and other miscellaneous entities.
The competitive advantage per the campaign was to focus on the following streamlines:
- Cheaper prices, dictated by lower labour overheads and cheaper infrastructure expenses.
- Superior raw plastic materials supplied directly by Petrochemicals.
- A well-run CSR company with numerous accolades.
- A supply leader and substantial presence in other countries in the Middle East.
Following the marketing campaign, a detailed report was written to the company with a recommended action plan and a formulation of a strategy to overcome obstacles and challenges.
UK Tech Company Start-Up Advisor
- MEƎT was mentoring and acting as in-house advisor to a new technology start-up company, who specialise in innovative products and IT solutions.
- MEƎT was involved in preparing pitch presentations for marketing awareness and fund raising with UK business angels, University grants and governmental TECH grants.
- MEƎT worked with the company in adhering to the requirements of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa stages and obtaining Tier 2 sponsor licence for the employment of skilled experts who come under the Shortage Occupation List.
- MEƎT was advising the management on employment law, financial and administrative policies and legal issues.
- MEƎT prepared numerous teaming and collaboration agreements with third parties for each related brand.
Valuation and Marketing Strategies
A detailed investment appraisal valuation exercise was been carried out for a growing restaurant group and a well-known household brand. This was to determine its current market status and its future strategic direction to attract suitable investors or partners.
MEƎT focussed its investment appraisal methodology on the discounted cash flow, NPV, IRR, Payback Period and ROI% to determine the feasibility and the level of investment required.
Subsequently, a detailed report was prepared and presented to the company owners to include; business current market position as determined by the use of business models, strategic action plan recommendation, financial appraisal, KPIs extrapolated from the P/L and Balance sheet, and finally the PE valuation of the company.
Several studies and analysis have been requested over a period of 5 years. Most recently, a study was requested to determine how the long the business will need to recover to pre- covid sales levels, the financial impact of opening a 4th branch, shareholder’s value and a detailed analysis of balance sheet figures.
Advisor on Companies House Process
- Carried step-by-step process in incorporating a company from start to finish.
- Prepared draft accounts from scratch for companies that lacked invoice documentation for filing with Companies House.
- Followed up the appropriate procedure to dissolving a company.
- Processed the striking off Companies House’s register after submitting the winding-up petition.
- Restored company after being wound up within the last 6 years.
- Reallocated of shares prior to alphabet classification.
- Rearranged shareholder % splits significant to company control.
Numerous companies to include; Jackson and Edwards Ltd, Radical Business Solutions Ltd, Wishy Washies Ltd, Falafel Factory Ltd, Novel Cloud Ltd etc.